Jake in Morristown extra ticket

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
I have an amazing extra ticket in the second row this Thurs Oct 26th at the mayo center In Morristown NJ. I’m ust looking for face value. Contact me and if interested you can meet me there to get your ticket they are at the will call. I will be attending and sitting next to you.

Aloha brother!

If I did not already have a ticket (thanks to fellow UU brother ScooterD35) I might take you up on the offer to see Jake on Thursday.

The Morristown Community Theater (aka MPAC) is only about 5 miles from my house, and I never saw Jake before so this is a rare chance for me.

MPAC put up this promo video on their YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWydXiNKhHs

Event details and seating chart can be seen here:

https://www.mayoarts.org/event/jake-shimabukuro

You need to click on the BUY TICKETS button to see the seating chart.

Not sure what to do about parking for Thursday, and there is a way to reserve parking (and I assume pay for it) in advance at several locations based upon info from the MPAC site (links for this and directions to the venue are in the right-sidebar on the page linked above)...

Maybe I will see you there :)

Not sure what to do about parking for Thursday, and there is a way to reserve parking (and I assume pay for it) in advance at several locations based upon info from the MPAC site (links for this and directions to the venue are in the right-sidebar on the page linked above)...

I don't know why, but the MPAC site is only offering Church Lot Parking for purchase. :confused: I prefer the Verizon lot as you don't have to deal with a couple of hundred pedestrians milling about after the show, but I might appreciate the shorter walk if it rains. ;)

If you want to say hello I’ll be in the second row with an a baritone size Ameritage case.

If you want to say hello I’ll be in the second row with an a baritone size Ameritage case.

I wish I had seen this before the concert. Maybe next time… ;)

That said, ukulele cases did not stick out at this concert. I probably would have had a hard time finding anyone since so many people brought theirs with them, presumably for Jake to sign.

I wish I had known about the "pre-show" group performance. We took our time at the restaurant thinking we didn't want to arrive too early so we missed that.

We saw Jake last evening at the University of Connecticut. The show was great as always with a few new pieces. They did Time Of The Season by The Zombies. A real blast from my youth.
The guitarist and bassist were a very nice addition. I didn't realize he had added the guitarist. I can't recall his name unfortunately. Nolan Verner, the young man who plays bass is a very fine player.
The guy who manages the theater at UConn also teaches a class based on communication through the arts. He had an idea to have the entire class learn Wipeout on the ukulele. They contacted a nearby Guitar Center in Manchester Conn. and got ukuleles for all of the students as well as someone to teach them. It turned out that I knew the guy who taught the class. Chris Spada works for Guitar Center and he is in charge of the lesson dept. I met him 4-5 years back at the Guitar Center in Southington Conn. Chris is a very fine guitar and ukulele player and a great guy. Chris and the entire class opened the sow by playing Wipeout with Jake. They had a ball, you could see it on their faces. I know Chris was in 7th heaven as well. I got to spend some time after the show catching up with him.
Jake came out after to shake hands, sign cd's and pose for pictures. We really lucked out last night. We were near the end of the reception line which was very long. There were 5-7 people behind us and they decided to leave at some point leaving us at the very end. I had purchased the Nashville Sessions cd for a friend and just wanted Jake to sign it. He was in a chatty mood and we ended up talking with him for bout 10 minutes. My wife is from Hawaii, when two people from Hawaii meet up far from home they have to stop and talk story.
A great night and well worth the 70 mile drive to hear him again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom