PDA

View Full Version : Jake Shimabukuro Honored in the 2017 Guitar Player Magazine Hall Of Fame Awards

cyber3d
10-25-2017, 04:56 PM
https://www.jakeshimabukuro.com/home/2017/10/25/jake-shimabukuro-named-in-the-2017-guitar-player-magazine-hall-of-fame-awards/

Jake Shimabukuro, the ukulele sensation who found worldwide fame eleven years ago by going viral through YouTube with his Beatles rendition of “My Guitar Gently Weeps,” has been named in Guitar Player Magazine’s 2017 Hall of Fame Awards, alongside other “Gallery of Greats” members Jerry Douglas, Elliot Easton, and Brian Setzer

RafterGirl
10-26-2017, 01:11 AM
Thanks for posting this. I see he will be in Provo Utah in Feb. so I might have to get a ticket.

Joyful Uke
10-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Wonderful honor for Jake, and a good way to help the public become aware of him and of what a ukulele can do musically.

peanuts56
10-27-2017, 02:03 AM
Nice article and honor. We're going to see Jake this evening at the University of Conn. I always enjoy his shows. He always seems to be having the best time of anyone in the room. Find something you love to do and you will never work a day in your life. That definitely applies here.
Going to count the fist bumps between Jake and the young man on bass! I may bring a calculator!!!!!