PDA

View Full Version : NUD Kala - SCG Concert size uke Test

SoloRule
11-02-2017, 04:10 AM
I posted this as KALA test because I have not changed strings.

I was in search of a concert uke with 14 fret to the body . This one fit the bill as my special uke cater to chords that require difficult stretch.

It is a Solid Spruce Mahogany Concert as per the description but I think only the top is solid.

This came straight out of a box with no set-up and original Aquila strings.

This uke is beautiful with great detail . No issue with glue mark. As you can see the back is book mark matched nicely. Glossy finish. Can't ask for more at this price point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwrxy41qOyE&feature=youtu.be

valde002
11-02-2017, 04:16 AM
Nice! Thanks for the video. Are you working on any specific song?

Ukulele Eddie
11-02-2017, 04:21 AM
Brenda, was it something I said? LOL. When I click on video it says I must be approved to view it.

SoloRule
11-02-2017, 04:26 AM
valde002.... I am playing 'Vincent 'at the moment but if you mean the few strums I played that is from 'Without You' which I uploaded the full song in Link and Video.

Ukulele Eddie .... I think you are restricted to any thing under $1,000 LOL

mm stan
11-02-2017, 04:56 AM
I see your thumb has healed or you ran out of red band aids

SoloRule
11-02-2017, 04:57 AM
I see your thumb has healed or you ran out of red band aids

You are a funny man! May be that means the uke is loud enough no need for band aids?

DownUpDave
11-02-2017, 04:59 AM
I am glad it arrived, you were getting a little impatient weren't you? Hopefully we can meet up on Friday and your concert can see it's little bother that started all this. I have the same model in a super soprano that Brenda played and liked.

SoloRule
11-02-2017, 05:08 AM
I am glad it arrived, you were getting a little impatient weren't you? Hopefully we can meet up on Friday and your concert can see it's little bother that started all this. I have the same model in a super soprano that Brenda played and liked.

I need to play it in your dining room. That room made a $50 plastic sounds mighty good. May be I just take your dining room home! No need for UAS!

mm stan
11-02-2017, 05:14 AM
You bought another uke? :shaka: :wallbash::o

Croaky Keith
11-02-2017, 06:21 AM
Congrats on the new uke. :)

Kala, Baton Rouge & Ohana, do some good ukes at the lower to mid price range, I have found some really nice ones myself. :cool: