NUD Kala - SCG Concert size uke Test

SoloRule

Reaction score
I posted this as KALA test because I have not changed strings.

I was in search of a concert uke with 14 fret to the body . This one fit the bill as my special uke cater to chords that require difficult stretch.

It is a Solid Spruce Mahogany Concert as per the description but I think only the top is solid.

This came straight out of a box with no set-up and original Aquila strings.

This uke is beautiful with great detail . No issue with glue mark. As you can see the back is book mark matched nicely. Glossy finish. Can't ask for more at this price point.

Brenda, was it something I said? LOL. When I click on video it says I must be approved to view it.

valde002.... I am playing 'Vincent 'at the moment but if you mean the few strums I played that is from 'Without You' which I uploaded the full song in Link and Video.

Ukulele Eddie .... I think you are restricted to any thing under $1,000 LOL

Last edited:
I am glad it arrived, you were getting a little impatient weren't you? Hopefully we can meet up on Friday and your concert can see it's little bother that started all this. I have the same model in a super soprano that Brenda played and liked.

20170817_195528.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad it arrived, you were getting a little impatient weren't you? Hopefully we can meet up on Friday and your concert can see it's little bother that started all this. I have the same model in a super soprano that Brenda played and liked.

View attachment 104095

I need to play it in your dining room. That room made a $50 plastic sounds mighty good. May be I just take your dining room home! No need for UAS!

Congrats on the new uke. :)

Kala, Baton Rouge & Ohana, do some good ukes at the lower to mid price range, I have found some really nice ones myself. :cool:

Top Bottom