Rocky Mountain High

russ_buss

Reaction score
here's a video of my new "oopsulele" in action. it's what happens when you lose the grizzly kit instruction manual, your protractor, and your marbles all at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkGY5rhz7I

this song was stuck in my head all during my uke-less vacation and i had to get it done as soon as i got back.

thanks for watching! :)

here's a video of my new "oopsulele" in action. it's what happens when you lose the grizzly kit instruction manual, your protractor, and your marbles all at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkGY5rhz7I

this song was stuck in my head all during my uke-less vacation and i had to get it done as soon as i got back.

thanks for watching! :)

That is such an imaginative use of a uke kit ive seen. I must rip-off the idea!:rotfl:

It sounds great, and looks like it plays easy...long live the Bizzaro uke, or the Salvador Dali uke....or what other names you got! LOL! a new contest..."NAME THAT UKULELE!":shaka:

That is such an imaginative use of a uke kit ive seen. I must rip-off the idea!:rotfl:

thanks UKI, please do!

It sounds great, and looks like it plays easy...long live the Bizzaro uke, or the Salvador Dali uke....or what other names you got! LOL! a new contest..."NAME THAT UKULELE!":shaka:

thanks Ukeffect! i lowered the action on the kit so it does play nice and easy.

I want one, can you draw up some plans? :shaka:

Great job on the song and welcome back!!!!!

I want one, can you draw up some plans? :shaka:

Great job on the song and welcome back!!!!!

if you glue the neck on with your eyes closed, you'll have your own oopsulele!

thanks for the comment and welcome :)

Nice work on the song and the uke Russell.

thanks much Dominator!

I risked trouble at work to go watch this. That uke is a TRIP, russ. Haha loved it!

i hope you didn't get in trouble for that. thanks for watching John!

So last night after watching your video I immediately ordered one of those kits. Today I went to the local cigar shop to find a nice box to attach the neck to.

Russ, by any chance can you please measure how many centimeters deep the body is on your oopselele for me? I'm so pumped up for this project I can't get a cigar box to work on fast enough :p

Sidenote: My wandering around the humidor today led to a really interesting conversation with the girl working there. Since I usually know what I want, pick it up, and head out, she saw me wandering around and came in to see if I was looking for something in particular. When I disclosed what I was doing, she told me about her father who was a luthier for Gibson and stories of her family having Les Paul over to their house on numerous occasions. Really awesome stuff! I had to sell her on ukuleles though, at first she didn't seem to think they're real instruments :/

Top Bottom