Mainland Red Cedar Soprano

aremick

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in taking a cedar top Mainland soprano off my hands?

Gold geared tuners with amber buttons, Martin strings. padded case.

$210+Shipping

Attachments

• IMAG0458.jpg
    IMAG0458.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 331
  • IMAG0450.jpg
    IMAG0450.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG0444.jpg
    IMAG0444.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Oh Booli. lol. You're good guy, but pick a lane will ya?

They're $14 more than this, new, on the Mainland website. The due diligence here was zero. :(

Oh Booli. lol. You're good guy, but pick a lane will ya?

They're $14 more than this, new, on the Mainland website. The due diligence here was zero. :(

FYI:

New from Mainland = $239 +~$15 shipping

+

Hard-foam case = ~$35 +~$10 shipping

THUS

$225 w/case, plus shipping seems a good deal compared to the above referenced prices which add up to $299.

Last edited:
FYI:

New from Mainland = $239 +~$15 shipping

+

Hard-foam case = ~$35 +~$10 shipping

THUS

$225 w/case, plus shipping seems a good deal compared to the above referenced prices which add up to $299.

Thanks Booli. Yes, I think $225 is a pretty fair price for the uke and case.

My rule of thumb has been 65% of new for a used non vintage instrument. Adjusted lower if there is any significant signs of use. Plus shipping.

65%!!! WHOA!! You don’t happen to be selling anything do ya!! :)

This is the result of several conversations with UU members of considerable standing. Of course one can ask what one wants and then the asking is usually negotiable. Adding cases etc helps, plus maybe free shipping.

I want to apologize to aremick and booli and everyone else. It's not my place to point out negative things in someone else's ad. I've felt bad ever since I posted and I'm sorry.

A ukulele is worth what someone will pay for it.

I want to apologize to aremick and booli and everyone else. It's not my place to point out negative things in someone else's ad. I've felt bad ever since I posted and I'm sorry.

Apology accepted! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Last edited:

No worries from me now. No hard feelings either. Please carry on as normal. :)

Well done for recognising your error.

As an overlapping point there is a general problem with forums in that any offered well intentioned comment or advice can, for a broad variety of reasons, be badly received. It’s also very difficult to phrase things in a way that avoids any potential issues - I’ve not managed it myself yet, but I’m trying - and sometimes it’s just better to leave a topic or comment alone - I’m not so good at that either. It’s just my opinion, but for what it’s worth folk are well served by being open to and tolerant of views that they don’t agree with. When they are not they then miss opportunities to learn from others and to check the validity of their own beliefs.

I hope that the OP has already sold his instrument, but if not then perhaps the bumps on this thread will help and in time someone will agree a sale with him.

Last edited:
Well done for recognising your error.

As an overlapping point there is a general problem with forums in that any offered well intentioned comment or advice can, for a broad variety of reasons, be badly received. It’s also very difficult to phrase things in a way that avoids any potential issues - I’ve not managed it myself yet, but I’m trying - and sometimes it’s just better to leave a topic or comment alone - I’m not so good at that either. It’s just my opinion, but for what it’s worth folk are well served by being open to and tolerant of views that they don’t agree with. When they are not they then miss opportunities to learn from others and to check the validity of their own beliefs.

I hope that the OP has already sold his instrument, but if not then perhaps the bumps on this thread will help and in time someone will agree a sale with him.

Thanks for the comment, Graham!

Why is there a long thread? The gentleman is trying to sell an instrument regardless of the price.

This is the result of several conversations with UU members of considerable standing. Of course one can ask what one wants and then the asking is usually negotiable. Adding cases etc helps, plus maybe free shipping.

My general rule of thumb is 70% from new retail if not “vintage” and collectible (e.g. old Martins)—and that goes for anything that I sell, too.

I don’t buy ukuleles as an investment...I buy them to play...and I expect to lose money when I sell them, and to save money if I buy them used. I’m working up the nerve to sell some of my instruments to pay towards my recent acquisitions—or to buy other things (Gotoh UPTs).

Best wishes to the OP for the sale...Mainlands are all good ukuleles, and the cedar models are very nice (a concert is on my wishlist).

Top Bottom