The Art of Arpeggios - S. Muir

TobyDog

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a call out for Samantha Muir's instructional e-book, The Art of Arpeggios (The Little Book of Right Hand Technique). http://www.samanthamuir.com/ukulele-2/the-art-of-arpeggios.html

In my opinion, this is an excellent teaching book (and it's only 3 pounds British currency, I think it was something over $4 U.S.). She seems to be a natural teacher, not just a good musician (which she also is).

I plan to laminate a copy because I see myself using it a lot.

She's got lots of classical pieces transcribed on her website. I look forward to getting more of her books once I've mastered this one.

I have no affiliation with her - just am really happy that she's out there making tab instructional books for the uke.

I agree with everything you said. She's a great teacher. Finding Sam Muir clarified what kind of player I aspire to be. I've always loved the sound of classical guitar, but guitar and I never got along. I have her Art of Arpeggios and Little Book of Carulli. I printed them at my local library and put them in a notebook. There are more of her books in my future!

I agree with everything you said. She's a great teacher. Finding Sam Muir clarified what kind of player I aspire to be. I've always loved the sound of classical guitar, but guitar and I never got along. I have her Art of Arpeggios and Little Book of Carulli. I printed them at my local library and put them in a notebook. There are more of her books in my future!

I 2nd that! I practice Sam's arpeggios every day. One day I hope I can sign on as her student.

Top Bottom