Uke use of D'addario 2-way humidification system?

TobyDog

Reaction score
I bought the D'addario 2-way hum. system to keep my Pono concert safe during the winter months here in New England.

It seems to be intended mainly for the guitar. It comes with 2 pouches. One pouch goes under the neck, and the other is said to hang over the strings into the hole. Well the uke hole is too small. I put the second pouch underneath the uke.

What is the best placement of the pouches in my uke case?
Thanks!

I placed one under the headstock and the other below the strings and covering the sound hole. 1 year and counting.. so far so good.

if the pouch wont fit inside the sound hole, I'd do as per above, since you want the moisture to penetrate the wood from the inside of the body cavity, and if your uke is glossy, and placed under the back, you are impeding the penetration, and if your uke is matte or satin finish (or unfinished) you may end up with a watermark or impression on the back where it was resting on the pouch.

I put one under the neck. The other up by the head stock. Then I put Oasis humidifier in the sound hole. Works fine for my on two Pono’s and a Custom tenor.

Thanks everyone! It gets really dry here in my apt. and I'd hate to have anything happen to my uke.

Top Bottom