The Moore Bettah went to eBay this afternoon (Sunday)

garywj

Reaction score
This will be my last post on this thread. I think the auction is going like I would expect. It started off at $1 and took a few days to get over $1000. Then in the next couple of days it went to $3500, where it is now. I don't expect much more to happen until Sunday, when the price will go up a bit. However, in the last 15 seconds things go unbelievably fast. I notice there are 74 watchers at this time. Some people are just interested to see where this thing will end up - I am also.... ;) I've had some offers to buy it before the auction ends, but I don't think that would be fair to the bidders. It's a little scary to pass on a good offer, but it's part of the process. One surprise is that how many of those interested do not consider themselves to be good players. They think of themselves as "collectors" (like me, by the way).

In the last couple of weeks I got a couple of guitar Christmas song books (tab notation). I've spent about an hour a day playing through the books. Even at my playing level my wife enjoys hearing those songs. I'll be playing them a little smoother by Christmas, but my elementary playing is already ushering in the season. My aspirations have been to play recognizable tunes for my own enjoyment; however, holding a handmade instrument, finding the right note on the string and neck, and hearing the remarkable resonance of thin wood is a pleasure of it's own. I've enjoyed this ukulele as a piece of art that produces beautiful sounds.

Top Bottom