Kmise banjo ukulele strings

Nu2Uke

Reaction score
Hi there! This is my first post! Quick question ...

Today I got the Kmise banjo ukulele from China, it’s a Christmas present for my daughter.

My husband says we should also get some spare strings. Any recommendations?? Are banjolele strings different to ukulele strings?

Many thanks!

Welcome aboard. :)

Strings are the same, but, there are many choices that give slightly different tones on regular ukes, don't know if its the same for banjolele. Maybe fluorocarbons, good 'feel' to them.

Thank you uke1950 .....

Husband and I were introduced to the Ukulele in August this year by our daughter. I have the soprano and my husband has a concert. We have Aguila strings on both our ukes.

Must say we are loving this instrument! No prior musical experience and we are making progress! Daughter is over for Christmas so .... it’s gonna be a blast!!

I use Worth Brown BMs on my B/U and the sound is
exactly what I want;it can bark like crazy if I play
hard,or purr like a kitten if I pick gently!

My old Maybell /Slingerland has Aquila Reds on it as they are bright sounding with the small 6 inch pot. I do not like a dull string on the uke banjo. Just using soprano strings on mine works fine. If the originals are nylon and not played/tuned in then a set of fluorocarbons put on before she gets the instrument may be a good idea. There is nothing so frustrating as a nice new instrument that needs time for the strings to stabilize.

Top Bottom