First Act Uke

fowl

Reaction score
While walking through Walmart you start thinking about those $10 ukes on Black Friday. I have a 3 year old grandson that would think a uke with Paw Patrol on it would be the Holy Grail. But what are those strings. You could replace them with some Worth Browns. However that would be like a new $5000 paint job on a 1972 Ford Pinto. Oh well now I'm thinking about watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

He's a three year old. Is he really going to know the difference?

Sorry,just being silly. But sometimes Walmart can cause that. And oh yes he would notice if the Paw Patrol guys ara on it.

Three year olds are very perceptive. You could get him what you think he’d enjoy most, but be prepared to upgrade if he catches on. Or just put stickers on something nicer. :)

He's a three year old. Is he really going to know the difference?

I believe he'd know. My grandson likes to strum my Flea. (He's 3) I don't know that he'd enjoy a $10 toy as much. It wouldn't sound as pleasant.

But I guess I could be wrong. It's just that the toy instruments never seem to be a gateway.

But I guess I could be wrong. It's just that the toy instruments never seem to be a gateway.

Right, Sukie, I've seen boys use toy guitars and ukes as swords. They can be creatively destroying something, I suppose.

I bought one for my son when he was three. It is barely payable, but in truth he turns the tuning knobs anyway (no broken strings yet) and if/when he really wants to play—there is a shark with his name on it. Until then—he can play and sing with his Mickey Mouse First Act (they’ve changed them over time).

My first uke was a First Act. I still use it on the boat and when playing with grandkids, who all got one as toddlers. Martin M600 strings sound decent on them.

Attachments

• asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Top Bottom