FS: Pono Acacia Steel String Baritone (UL4-1)

bretterb

Reaction score
SOLD

Hi. I just purchased this from Doc_J on the forum for $550 (shipping included). However, I hadn't anticipated what a steel-string baritone would be like. It's a bit of a beast for me and the steel strings are a bit hard on my fingers. The scale length (21.4") is also a little challenging to me. I plan to go back to a nylon-strung baritone or larger tenor.

It's a beautiful ukulele and does sound great if you like the steel string sound. Much louder than a nylon-strung baritone. It's really more like a tenor guitar than a ukulele.

Here's a link to the overview on Thu Ukulele Site:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-acacia-steel-string-baritone-ul4-1.html

Solid acacia top, back, and sides
Rosewood faceplate, fingerboard, and bridge
Abalone rosette, Pearl fingerboard position dots
Bone nut and saddle
Slotted headstock
Radius fretboard, nut, & saddle
Satin finish
Deluxe hardshell case

Overall length - 32.5"
Scale length - 21.4"
Lower bout - 11.25"
Upper bout - 7.75"
Depth LB - 3.8"
Depth UB - 3.1"
Nut width - 1 3/8"

This is ukulele comes with a deluxe wooden hardcase.

Since I paid $550 (with shipping included), and I've only had it for about 24 hours (i'ts in excellent, like-new condition), I'd like to get the same price of $550 with shipping included. They are $729 new and this one's basically new condition, so it's an awesome price.

PayPal "Friends and Family" preferred.

I'd also consider a trade for a solid-wood baritone nylon string of similar value (~$700). My plan is to get a baritone made of solid wood with spruce top.

Thanks.

-Brett
Brett Pfingston
Bloomington, Indiana
bpfingst@ivytech.edu

Last edited:
I have the cedar and mahogany model. I successfully restrung it with nylon baritone uke strings and it sounded good. I went back to steel as it was just an experiment and I have other "baritones". Pono just came out with this same UL series in a nylon strung version. This is all to say you could try it restrung with nylons, try D'Addario Titaniums. You might like it, I thought it sounded great as a non-steel string instrument

Last edited:
I have the cedar and mahogany model. I successfully restrung it with nylon baritone uke strings and it sounded good. I went back to steel as it was just an experiment and I have other "baritones". Pono just came out with a nylon strung version. This is all to say you could try it restrung with nylons, try D'Addario Titaniums. You might like it, I thought it sound great as a non-steel string instrument

This is a Word of knowledge coming from the Mad String Changer himself!

I have played the steel string Uke, Dave has and it is really effortless to play finger style. Has nice tones to it.

Dropping price to $500 Shipping included if purchased by Thanksgiving.

I'll knock $50 more off the price to make it $500 shipping included if purchased before Thanksgiving. Trying to get funds together for food and travel.

Thanks!

-Brett

Top Bottom