Flea serial numbers? colors? dates?

Lillymo

Reaction score
I bought my Flea second hand and I'd like to know when it was made. Is there a list of production years with serial numbers? I've searched UU and the Fleamarket Music Bulletin Board - I found a thread on Fleamarket with numbers but no dates.

I'm also curious about how long my color was available - anybody know of a history/timeline of models, designs and colors?

model: M30
serial number: 12874
color: bubblegum

Attachments

• Flea.jpg
    Flea.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 19
Your best bet, and the ONLY authoritative info is going to come from The Magic Fluke Company itself.

FYI & contrary to popular opinion: Flea Market Music (FMM) is NOT the same as The Magic Fluke Company.

FMM is owned by Jim Beloff, whose sister Phyllis is the wife/co-owner of The Magic Fluke Company with her husband Dale Webb.

You can reach them via:

The Magic Fluke Company web site said:
Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Magic Fluke Company
292 South Main Street
Sheffield, MA 01257
(413) 229-8536

email: sales@magicfluke.com

which is on their contact page here: http://www.magicfluke.com/Contact-s/1844.htm

Hope this helps! :)

Hi , a 12874 may be from 2007 to 2008 it's a New Hartford so before 2009 ... Have you found your answer at least ?

Not meaning to contradict nor diminish @Booli 's or @renaud 's responses which each has a very good basis, as I understand it, long time UUF member @Jerryc41 has been compiling a list of such Flea/ Fluke details and will hopefully be able to answer your question with greater accuracy.

Thank you all, for responding! In November, 2017, following Booli's suggestion, I emailed The Magic Fluke company and heard back from Phyllis the next day. She wrote:

"Happy to help though we can’t give you a specific date... If you look inside to see the soundhole sticker where you found the M30 12874, look more closely at the sticker, perhaps around the bottom edge. Does is say New Hartford, Connecticut or Sheffield, MA? If New Hartford, it is about 8 years old, if Sheffield, a little less."

The soundhole sticker in my bubblegum Flea says "THE MAGIC FLUKE COMPANY • NEW HARTFORD, CT USA" along the top edge. According to Phyllis' math, that indicates it was made in 2009.

Does @Jerryc41 have a website or forum post re: Magic Fluke ukuleles? I'd love to see his fleasearch!

Last edited:
Hi and enjoy with your bubblegum ! I'm looking for a banana or a bubblegum ... so if I find one in France I tell you ;-)

Top Bottom