Kanile'a YouTube video factory tour!

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Kanile'a ukuleles has an official YouTube page here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/KanileaUkuleles

Posted on this channel is a video tour of the Kanile'a factory. See how their ukuleles are made and check out their unique bracing pattern. They take you step by step on how their ukuleles are made.

Check it out guys and subscribe to their channel!

Yay! Another reason to buy a Kanilea. Do we get UU points???

Very nice and informative shop tour, I like the transparency of these manufacturers. It would be great if that could happen on a much bigger scale.

Cool...thanks for the link Aldrine. I'm heading to Hawaii tomorrow and planning to tour the factory (and have a strap button installed on my tenor) either this Thursday or Friday. Thanks for giving me something fun to watch and get myself in the mood!

Can't wait to see your finished Kanile'a!!!!

Great series...it gave a more personal touch to my Kanile`a seeing the whole build process it went through. (And given that it's a walnut tenor I'm just going to pretend it's the one Mike was showing during the video!)

Great series...it gave a more personal touch to my Kanile`a seeing the whole build process it went through. (And given that it's a walnut tenor I'm just going to pretend it's the one Mike was showing during the video!)

How cool! I saw this custom spruce top and flaming walnut back and sides from Joe and it sounded really warm. I really want one of those now hahah.

Cool...thanks for the link Aldrine. I'm heading to Hawaii tomorrow and planning to tour the factory (and have a strap button installed on my tenor) either this Thursday or Friday. Thanks for giving me something fun to watch and get myself in the mood!

Can't wait to see your finished Kanile'a!!!!

How long are you staying? I'm supposed to stop by the shop later on this month. On the 19th.

How long are you staying? I'm supposed to stop by the shop later on this month. On the 19th.

I'll be in Oahu only for a couple of days (I arrive tomorrow the 6th and leave on Saturday the 9th). I'm heading to Kauai on the 9th and stay there until I head home on the 16th. I'm actually staying at the Point at Poipu (formerly Embassy Suites where I think I read you used to work at?)...

Bummer. You are my online ukulele inspiration (love those lessons even though I can't play with a darn) :worship:, would have been cool to meet ya there!

I'll be in Oahu only for a couple of days (I arrive tomorrow the 6th and leave on Saturday the 9th). I'm heading to Kauai on the 9th and stay there until I head home on the 16th. I'm actually staying at the Point at Poipu (formerly Embassy Suites where I think I read you used to work at?)...

Bummer. You are my online ukulele inspiration (love those lessons even though I can't play with a darn) :worship:, would have been cool to meet ya there!

If that's the case you can catch one of our shows on Kauai! Ryan and I play at Waipouli beach resort every Thursdays from 7-8pm.

Catch us on the 14th if you can :D

If that's the case you can catch one of our shows on Kauai! Ryan and I play at Waipouli beach resort every Thursdays from 7-8pm.

Catch us on the 14th if you can :D

Ooh, very cool. I will definitely try to check that out. I just looked at the resort website to find out where it is, do you guys play at the Tahitian Lanai Bar and Grille?

I had a great time at the Kanile'a factory this week. Joe and Kristen were so terrific, and the tour was quite informative. I also had Joe drill a hole and install a strap button for my on my tenor. I was a nervous wreck while he was doing it, I think I told him I was as nervous as when I got my cat spayed. I took some photos and had a great time. I even got to see a sneak peek of part of the uke being made for one of our UU friends. :D

I highly recommend their ukuleles, and I can't say enough about their customer service. The only downside was I got off at the wrong bus stop and was hoofing it for about a mile and half with my uke case strapped to my back until I got to the factory. Kristen was so sweet, she said I should have called them and they would have picked me up.

I was already a big Kanile'a fan, now I'm even happier with my ukulele. I got to see the care and dedication that the owners and employees put into making each instrument, and I got to see how warm and friendly the owners are. Thanks for posting this video, it allows me to show it to the folks in my ukulele club, hopefully to make more Kanile'a converts.

P.S. Looking forward to seeing your show on Thursday Aldrine!

Hey! Glad you got a good experience. Their customer service is one of the best in the business. They really put their heart in making the instrument and treat their customers the same. I just got word that we might not be performing this Thursday. There might be a wedding and they might have someone else do the entertainment. Not quite sure yet though. I'll post in this thread if we end up doing it or not. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

ps
please tell me that was MY ukulele you saw at the shop haha.

Hey! Glad you got a good experience. Their customer service is one of the best in the business. They really put their heart in making the instrument and treat their customers the same. I just got word that we might not be performing this Thursday. There might be a wedding and they might have someone else do the entertainment. Not quite sure yet though. I'll post in this thread if we end up doing it or not. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

ps
please tell me that was MY ukulele you saw at the shop haha.

It was your ukulele that I saw a little piece of. It was so amazing! I really wanted to take a picture of it, but I already felt guilty that I had seen this sneak peek, and I thought it wouldn't be cool to take a photo. You should be the one to let all of us see the finished product. But take my word for it, you will LOVE it!!

Bummer about Thursday. I told the girls in my uke club back home I was gonna try to see if you would let me take a picture with you (you're one of our fave players!). I completely understand though -- weddings being huge on Kauai, yeah, if you could just let me know. Only because we are staying in Poipu, and while I like Kapaa very much, I'd probably not make the trek to see someone other than you performing. :D

It was your ukulele that I saw a little piece of. It was so amazing! I really wanted to take a picture of it, but I already felt guilty that I had seen this sneak peek, and I thought it wouldn't be cool to take a photo. You should be the one to let all of us see the finished product. But take my word for it, you will LOVE it!!

Bummer about Thursday. I told the girls in my uke club back home I was gonna try to see if you would let me take a picture with you (you're one of our fave players!). I completely understand though -- weddings being huge on Kauai, yeah, if you could just let me know. Only because we are staying in Poipu, and while I like Kapaa very much, I'd probably not make the trek to see someone other than you performing. :D

Seems like that wedding is NEXT week. So we're scheduled for this Thursday. It'll be great if you can make it :D

I'm glad you had such a great time at the shop! My parents are going to Oahu in two days and my mom is very excited about buying a Kanile'a concert. She has a few uke shops scoped out, but I think she should visit the factory instead and buy from them. They do sell their ukes there, right?

Top Bottom