Song Help Request Kawailehua Strum?

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anyone have a strum for Kawailehua'a'alakahonua to share?

Pretty song. Which he is picking, of course. But, for a strum I can play along with a down up down down (Pause) down up down down. Hope this helps. Sounds like it's just a 2 chord song but I didn't listen to the entire song. 3121 then 3122...just bar first fret then F shape with ring and middle and squash down the middle finger to do the 3122 :) Hope this helps.

Pretty song. Which he is picking, of course. But, for a strum I can play along with a down up down down (Pause) down up down down. Hope this helps. Sounds like it's just a 2 chord song but I didn't listen to the entire song. 3121 then 3122...just bar first fret then F shape with ring and middle and squash down the middle finger to do the 3122 :) Hope this helps.

Thanks Bonesigh, I'll give it a try. By the way, is there a link to who you are referring to?

What version are YOU referring to? Hard to dial in the specifics without knowing the version you're after. I've heard plenty people do this song plenty different ways. Post a link and it's much easier to lend a hand.

What version are YOU referring to? Hard to dial in the specifics without knowing the version you're after. I've heard plenty people do this song plenty different ways. Post a link and it's much easier to lend a hand.

Yes, I agree. I've heard the guitar versions by John Cruz and Mele'uhane and ukulele versions by paxukulele and Peter deAquino. All great but I'm not trying to emulate any particular person, just asking around here at UU for any strums people like for this song. I'm not so good at finger picking or slack key so just strums for now. (Hard to see the strumming pattern on a You Tube because of sync issues between the video and audio.)

Top Bottom