Full English Brexit

An interesting song and you make the Waterman play well, well I think so. I have a little trouble with the broad Scottish accent, a little distant from that in Northern England.

The U.K. was bitterly split by Brexit with friends, relatives and neighbours taking firm positions in opposing camps. I can’t say I’m impressed by the result much, a free Europe that dislikes the UK’s choice and didn’t want to hear us when we asked for changes ahead of the vote.

How do you like living in Finland - few people and lots of open space - and will Brexit effect you in your chosen country? Can you exert some influence on your new country’s politicians to be more open to the U.K. moving on without bad feeling towards it.

Anyway, nice song but I kind of hope UU will be a politics free zone.

An interesting song and you make the Waterman play well, well I think so. I have a little trouble with the broad Scottish accent, a little distant from that in Northern England.

The U.K. was bitterly split by Brexit with friends, relatives and neighbours taking firm positions in opposing camps. I can’t say I’m impressed by the result much, a free Europe that dislikes the UK’s choice and didn’t want to hear us when we asked for changes ahead of the vote.

How do you like living in Finland - few people and lots of open space - and will Brexit effect you in your chosen country? Can you exert some influence on your new country’s politicians to be more open to the U.K. moving on without bad feeling towards it.

Anyway, nice song but I kind of hope UU will be a politics free zone.

Most of Finlands trade has been with their big neighbour Russia,
but once the EU put sanctions on Russia for their interference in
the Ukraine then Finland has suffered a trade loss. As the song says
It is hard to live under rules made by strangers. What is good for the EU
is not necessarily good for Finland.

Most of Finlands trade has been with their big neighbour Russia,
but once the EU put sanctions on Russia for their interference in
the Ukraine then Finland has suffered a trade loss. As the song says
It is hard to live under rules made by strangers. What is good for the EU
is not necessarily good for Finland.

Finland has a history of being between a rock and a hard place, in that respect I can but be sorry for it.

The actions of the EU, well best we don’t get political but from what you’ve said above you might well understand why the U.K. voted to leave. Personally I’m just sorry that the U.K. was eventually put in a position where the electorate felt it was better to leave than stay. Anyway what’s done is done and I look forward to an independent future - though it might be a rough ride at first - as do many of my friends who voted to stay. Best just to get on with things and make the best of it, etc.

Last edited:
Finland has a history of being between a rock and a hard place, in that respect I can but be sorry for it.

The actions of the EU, well best we don’t get political but from what you’ve said above you might well understand why the U.K. voted to leave. Personally I’m just sorry that the U.K. was eventually put in a position where the electorate felt it was better to leave than stay. Anyway what’s done is done and I look forward to an independent future - though it might be a rough ride at first - as do many of my friends who voted to stay. Best just to get on with things and make the best of it, etc.

There is a saying in Finland which goes: If you bow to the West then you show your backside to the East.

Sisu.

Also, I wish a Free Britain the best.

Also, I wish a Free Britain the best.

Thanks, I hope to be incorrect but think that we’ll need some help from our friends outside of Europe, and the seemingly few within Europe who remember our past support of them.

Sisu, well that’s a term I don’t recall hearing of before. The British character is very diverse but a bit of - or maybe a bit more of - Sisu would be a good addition to the ‘blend’.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu

Top Bottom