New build thread. Wunderkammer Ike Soprano.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Ever since hearing the lovely Samantha Muir on youtube playing what i thought was the most wonderful sounding soprano i had ever heard, (youtube junkie) i had to ask what it was.

The reply took a while but she told me it was a Wunderkammer Ike soprano. I almost ordered straight away but other things got in the way thus i stopped short at just inquiring. FF to around 6 months ago i booked my slot and waited, the message came through Friday to say it has started. Should be ready around Christmas. What a lovely gift for me. If the timing is right i may pick up in person. :D

Some pics and more when they come.

IMG_0957.jpg
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg

Very cool. I had not heard of him before. I enjoyed checking out his web site. He's clearly dedicated to a bygone era. Looking forward to following this build and hearing your thoughts when you get it.

I’m on the waiting list as well! Hopefully mine won’t be too far behind yours!!

What a great looking ukulele. Is yours an all mahogany build? Looking forward to the final outcome.

Yes. All hand tooled mahogany. As an ex Timms owner I have heard these are a bit more refined. Can’t wait.

Seems most people I talk to haven’t heard much about him but I’m insane and always searching for something new ha.. When I saw his methods of building it made me even more eager to try one!!

I had the opportunity to briefly meet him when I was at the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain earlier this year. He was set up as a vendor there.

My buddy was picking up a custom soprano that he had ordered. I also know someone else who has one. They are very pleased with the workmanship of his Ukes.

Holy cats are those some good looking ukes! I'd never heard of him before. Just what I needed (except not really!). This may be just the builder to get me to recover from my one not-so-great custom experience. Love his aesthetic and his Luddite ways!

I do hope it’s ready for Christmas so I can meet him and pick it up in person. Apart from the hand made Timms, it’s my first hand made ukulele I’ve commissioned.

Bit excited. Incoming next week.

First pic from Liam’s house before finishing was applied. Next two pic’s, Koa tuners chosen and Martin M600’s fitted.

Ready to go. :)

32849B4A-83E7-4FAC-9EB3-2A56007931A1.jpg
5D97693F-4008-4F55-8277-B708AC88519C.jpg
E78AD7F7-C71F-49E4-AB22-B3DEC9BC1229.jpg

Looking just beautiful!! I'm sure you are very excited. I am looking forward to reading the NUD post and review!

I do recognize this instrument as the same one played by Sam Muir and I agree the sound is amazing. Congratulations, you must be very excited to get this in your hands. Please post a NUD with lots of pictures. It looks to be beautiful but the thumb nail photos aren't doing it any justice.

Can't wait to see and hear more. Lovely instrument. Congratulations!

Yeah I read/saw Baz’s review after Sam. Baz is more the talking part. Sam is the player. I’m sure Baz would agree.

I maybe need to host pics when I get it. I used the standard uploader.

I won’t use photobucket on principal. Ala, photobucket, breaking forums for profit since 2017. ;)

Top Bottom