my new plastic Fin-Der

glp

Reaction score
My second uke just came in today. It needs strings so I can't say on the sound. I really like how "curly" the back and sides are.
Also the fret markers are on 2,4 and 7. Odd.
Any recommendations for strings?

r8f70j.jpg

faq648.jpg

vovp8x.jpg

Last edited:
Bushman work nice. I've also used D'addario and Kala reds (on plastics with metal tuners like the Fin-Der.) Aquilas seemed a bit too thick for it.

congrats on the new uke! i have seen various videos on youtube and the plastic ukes just have that special thing about em. I have been eyeing this one plastic uke in my local store, but he is asking for way too much.

I just ordered up some strings and can't wait to play it. Think this is too nice for a beach uke?

I just ordered up some strings and can't wait to play it. Think this is too nice for a beach uke?

The plastics are fine for the beach, as long as it's not too hot. Don't leave it in the car!!

The tuners on the Fin-Der are unique in that you can't tighten them with a screw like other peg tuners. If my Fin-Der tuners get wet, they don't hold the string to pitch.

congrats on the new uke! i have seen various videos on youtube and the plastic ukes just have that special thing about em. I have been eyeing this one plastic uke in my local store, but he is asking for way too much.

My last plastic uke was $26 and it's my favorite. You should still be able to find one on Ebay and get it for under 40 -50 bucks.

3475597993_ce7e56815e.jpg

Its tuners are just like the Fin-der.

Last edited:
How's the intonation on those plastic ukes? I'd love to own one, but I have a vintage Harmony with a plastic fretboard and every chord I play on the first few frets sounds like crap. :(

My last plastic uke was $26 and it's my favorite. You should still be able to find one on Ebay and get it for under 40 -50 bucks.

Oh yes, hehe I have been on ebay scouring the pages, but the other ukulele players are really good at sniping. UAS is very strong with those ones.

Top Bottom