Kiwaya KTS-6 soprano solid mahogany with hard case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
This beautiful Kiwaya KTS-6 is the 46th one that Kiwaya made--about nine years ago. It has fully opened up and has that vintage soprano sound. This model is not currently sold in the US, but the KTS-5 retails for about $700, and the KTS-7 for about $1200.

This is made from solid, premium mahogany. It's like getting a vintage high-end Martin without the repairs. It's light as a feather, and sounds wonderful. The intonation is spot on. It has low action, and the playability is unbeatable. The frets are narrow and short.

This has a satin finish that is incredibly light, while being amazingly durable, plus front and back edge bindings and purfling. The grain on the front is amazing, especially for mahogany and on the back it's beautiful, too. When you tilt it, it changes, like a holographic image. The longer you look at this instrument, the more beautiful detail you notice.

It has small flaw in the headstock where it took a ding, you cannot notice this from the front of the uke. It also has a bit of glossing on the neck. The fretboard has marks from fingers, but no actual wear. I've tried to show all these in the photos.

Comes with a tweed hard case. Non smoking home. Has been in the case when not in use. Here in the Pacific Northwest humidity is not really an issue, but I watch it just to be on the safe side.

You can listen to sound samples from Hawaii Music Supply at Vimeo by typing Kiwaya KTS-6 in the search engine. I would like $475 plus shipping.
IMG_20171205_193026.jpgIMG_20171205_193149.jpgIMG_20171205_193201.jpgIMG_20171205_193210.jpgIMG_20171205_195630.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom