NUD - Kamaka tenor

frianm

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
IMG_3067.jpgIMG_3069.jpgIMG_3070.jpgIMG_3071.jpg

Today - early I went by the Post Office to retrieve this baby. Once home I put her in her new case, then tuned her up. Wow - she sings. I only hope my playing will improve, but she will sound great in church where I play most.

She is used - from 2002. This has been my ultimate goal and I had to struggle to find the funds. I had put one of my banjos on the market but to no avail. Finally I parted out three instruments, sold a pot, resonator and a tone ring and made enough for this. I now have two great parts banjos. One has a 1929 arch top Gibson pot and the other a 1924 Gibson tenor jr. pot, both with newish conversion necks. The result is a great banjo for church and the other a great banjo to play with parlor groups. AND a great new ukulele. God is good.

What a beautiful uke!

Beautiful. Looks brand new. How do you like the Crossrock fiberglass case?

I love this case - I bought it used - and think it the finest I have seen. I often have long flights as I am in South America several times per year. I like to take a ukulele with me. This case fits the overhead compartment easily and can deal with being knocked and bumped. The instrument stays safe. There is only a small compartment for a tuner or humidifier and that is about it. I have also a canvas and hard foam case but it is much bulkier. I prefer this one - a Crossrock 1000. My other tenor goes in the bulkier case or a gig bag.
Thanks for asking

A real beauty! Congrats. I had one built in 2013 and I love it more with each passing day.

Really is beautiful, I love the lighter colored koa and it has some very nice grain. You obviously had to stretch to get this but it was worth it. Enjoy it for many years to come.

Last edited:
Looks beautiful in her new home, Ian.
I like to think of her traveling the world with you, making pretty music.
Can't wait for a video or sound-bite!

Congratulations on making your dream come true. It is a lovely ukulele made more special because of your effort to make it happen.

Congratulations, Ian, that's a beauty, so glad you could make it happen. And it looks lush against that red plush.

Top Bottom