Trip to Sweetwater - Fort Wayne Indiana

Doug W

Reaction score
Recently my wife and I decided to take a side trip on our way back to Minnesota from Michigan and we ended up passing a sign for Sweetwater when we got to Fort Wayne IN. I had ordered stuff from them before and just assumed that they were just a big warehouse that sent out instruments.

I normally prefer small music stores and avoid the big chain places but this place is something else. They call it a campus. It looks like a mall where the whole mall is a mega-music store with a coffee shop or two and candy store thrown in.

We wanted to try out a mini guitar and tenor guitar but I decided against a new instrument and just got a little amp interface for one of my daughter's iphones.

So even if you don't need a new musical thing, stop in. Then keep heading south to Nashville IN, to check out Mainland ukes for an entirely different experience.

Last edited:
I often buy from Sweetwater online, good place.

I've dealt with them a bit too and the customer service was top notch....even a little too top notch for some...As in they call you to let you know the order is shipping, then call you after it arrives again too to check in. I guess they work off commission. It's a very professional operation for sure. I was treated well.

I've heard the facility is great. It's neat you got to visit!

They are one of the places that will ship USPS to Puerto Rico without getting all weird about it.

Definitely the place to order from if you need generic, mass-produced type gear (i.e. everything but ukes). I'm still trying to figure out how to get them to ship to Hawai'i for free... :)

Doug, you could have gone a couple of hours south and been at my house. Steve

But in order to get to your house, he would have to brave the gauntlet of Barney Fifes on the Whitestown police force looking for people doing 41 in the 40 zone.

Steve, I thought about you up there near Bloomington but we didn't have the time to got that far south. Next time we are in that area I will get in contact.

Top Bottom