Where to buy a ukulele in Sacramento?

sarastro

Reaction score
Hi,

My in-laws want to buy my 7 year old niece a ukulele for Christmas. I suggested a Makala Dolphin. Can anyone recommend a store in Sacramento that carries them and will do a proper set-up?

Thanks,

Roger

Klines on 12 ave carries them...not sure if they do a set-up...also The Strum Shop in Roseville carries them, again, not sure if they do a set-up...i would suggest calling them. Also there is Skips Music.

The Strum Shop in Roseville carries them and they have on site luthiers for set up etc.

Thanks for the recommendations.
I've purchased from Mim’s in the past and she does a great job. I was a bit concerned that it might be getting a little late for regular ground shipping.
Thanks again for your suggestions, I'll pass them along.

When possible, I'd take my business to a competent/fair/competitive brick and mortar store. Web sellers reach the whole world (no offense to these folks - I recommend them to everyone without the local option). But your local music shop doesn't have that luxury. Jus' sayin'.

Depending on the spot you can get some stuff cheaper locally too. It's easy to forget that when Prime gets flown to your door 10 minutes after you order. I found a deal on a couple PA speakers special ordered from a local shop. Of course, this is Hawai'i where shipping from Sweetwater, MF, etc... will kill you. But even before shipping (which I didn't have to pay) I think this guy got me a deal. I was stoked.

Heard great things about the Strum Shop. Remember Nicholson's Music in Folsom being pretty cool too. No idea if they're still around or carrying ukes.

Last edited:
+1 for Strum Shop. Good folks, good advice. I've been in there many times and purchased from them many times. They will make sure you get a good instrument matching your needs at your price range.

Another +1 for the Strum Shop in downtown Roseville. Knowledgeable and helpful too.

Top Bottom