FS: Islander MAC-4 Concert Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
***** NEW PRICE *****

Pictures can be seen at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/roxLMTdc6lkO57ug2

When I bought this Islander by Kanile'a Uke a couple of weeks ago, it was because I did not have a concert scale Uke and want at least one in each scale

I decided to get an inexpensive one since it would probably be 3rd or 4th in the rotation and didn't want to make a major investment. I have gotten spoiled with my other two Kanilea's and wanted something similar without the investment and it just didn't work. It's a fine Uke, but it's not the custom Kanie'a Ukes I am used to.

This is for someone who wants an almost new really pretty Islander MAC-4 concert Ukulele and likes to play with the larger nut size of 1.5 instead of the 1 3/8 that are on most Ukes today. I like the slightly wider width and that's why I decided to try the Islander.

Here's your chance. If you know me, my descriptions are accurate and detailed.

This is a nearly new (I can't say new, so almost new will suffice) Islander MAC-4 spalted maple laminate concert uke. It sounds rather nice and has a 1.5" nut, 15" scale and plays very well. It was bought new in September of 2017 from the person I bought it from. They do not come with a bag when purchased new, but I will include something. It won't be naked.

As far as I can tell, it is strung with D'Adarrio EJ87 nylon strings. I would imagine this would sound really good with a Flouro Carbon string set from Worth, Oasis, or Martin as well as others.

I ship quickly and it will be well packed. It'll go out immediately so it can get there before the huge Christmas rush starts, delaying it's journey to you.

$170 delivered in the CONUS. Paypal F&F preferred if you know me and feel comfortable with that. Plenty of references here to vouch for me to deliver what I say will be delivered. For the money, it's a nice Uke.

Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays.

Pictures can be seen at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/roxLMTdc6lkO57ug2

Last edited:
Looks sweet and in very good shape. Someone should snatch this one, especially at this price.

I've had a sale with Lenny, and it was effortless. If the bar is always at that baseline, I'd think that the buyer can be confident that the transaction will go smoothly.

I'm not in the market for another uke just now, but good luck with the sale brother! :)

Thanks Booli. I appreciate the nice words.

I'm surprised it's still here. I want to get this in the hands of someone before Christmas, so the new price is $170 delivered in the CONUS.

Thanks for reading

What a nice looking ukulele and from the Kanile'a company. If Lenny says it's like new you can take it to the bank. Real nice price too.....buy with confidence.

Thanks Steve. Always nice to hear nice things about the way I describe my stuff, pack and ship.

I can still get this out to whoever wants it and it should make it there before the holiday.

I've had a few bites, but no commitments.

Don't be shy.

Lenny is the best. I've had ukes from him all the way to the UK in perfect condition. The Islanders are great - nice wide nut and pretty bridge pins.

Thanks Brenda and Matt. Always nice to hear nice things.

Immediate shipping. This is the perfect belated Christmas gift.

Happy Holidays!

Wrong side of the pond, if it was UK I'd snap it up, lovely uke. Best wishes with it.

I own an Islander AT-4, laminate acacia, and it is one of my favorite ukes, I like it almost as much as my pricier Martin and Koaloha tenors. I have met this seller [I've bought and sold so many ukes I don;t remember if I've bought or sold from him] and he is a stand up guy.

I own an Islander AT-4, laminate acacia, and it is one of my favorite ukes, I like it almost as much as my pricier Martin and Koaloha tenors. I have met this seller [I've bought and sold so many ukes I don;t remember if I've bought or sold from him] and he is a stand up guy.

Andy, thanks for the kind words. We had a nice dinner and yes, you bought a KoAloha from me.

I own the tenor version of this Islander. We compared it with similar laminates side-by-side, and the Islander had a much richer tone and plays like its big brother Kanileas. Great uke at that price point. If I were in the market ...

Thanks to all that made a comment about me and the Uke.

The Uke is now sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom