Concert Banjo Uke Low G Buzz?

SoCal

Reaction score
So I've been trying a few concert size banjo ukes. I play a low G. The few I've tried seem to buzz on the Low G on certain notes. I won't give names here, so as to not to disparage those brands. :)

But my question is whether anyone has tried a brand of concert Low G banjo uke that works well with a wound low G? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't do it yet, but have a set of Southcoast strings with a wound low g for my tenor banjo which I am tuning linear GCEA. My first suspicion would be the nut slots and some banjo saddles have slots In them.

I put a low G on my concert Firefly, a Nylgut I think, when I got it, and it's worked out fine. It can be a bit "thuddy" sounding, but I kinda like that too. My favorite low G though is the Fremont soloist, put one on the Duke 10 tenor banjo uke I just got and it's worked out fine. Here's a video I recorded with the Firefly just yesterday if you wanna get an idea of how the low G sounds on it. You're under no obligation to watch it though. lol

Recovering Bassist. You sound great! And I'm pleased to see there's a least one Concert option without buzz. So what about the rest of you? I've not been able to try many concert banjo ukes. What other models have you tried with Low G that worked out well?

Last edited:
Top Bottom