Bank Counter Uke ...

Amazing job. I loved the detailed step by step details. How does she play?

Hmm...bank wood. Very INTERESTing. I gotta give you a lot of CREDIT for that one. Play us a few NOTEs on it. I hope you SAVED the rest of that wood

Looks awesome!

I love it when stuff gets recycled/re-purposed and gets a second life and something as wonderful as any musical instrument.

Future builds could have a (small) '$' (dollar sign) or other currency symbol inlay somewhere (head-plate?) to commemorate the provenance/source of the wood used...

Thanks for sharing! :)

Wow, oh wow, and from a reclaimed bank counter! That mahogany is going to sound so sweet.
Thanks for posting. It was a real joy to go through the build diary and the pictures really make me appreciate the labour and craftsmanship that went into this. The details, like the bank form as the label and using the keyhole, are such a special touch! The binding/puffing looks amazing. The recipient is indeed a lucky person to be getting such a unique instrument.

I just love these, turning old salvaged furniture to singing/living instruments. is it quarter sawn? :)

Would love to see this uke.
Why is the original post no longer showing?
Did a link get blocked?

Thanks for providing the link again, Stu. I found it most interesting to re-visit this fascinating project.

John Colter.

Top Bottom