Strings Kohala KP-T strings?

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My grand daughter has a Kohala KP-T that needs new strings. Years ago the most recommended replacement strings for a laminate ukulele were Aquila Nylgut. Is that still so or have flouro carbons taken over for laminates?

Her uke has good setup and intonation. Just really old strings. (Original black strings several years old.)

It's personal preference. I just don't like the feel of Aquila so I have flouros on everything. But if you like your Nylguts, you can keep your Nylguts. :p

It's personal preference. I just don't like the feel of Aquila so I have flouros on everything. But if you like your Nylguts, you can keep your Nylguts. :p

Her ukulele came with some unknown brand black strings that were ok for her at first. Now that she's had some time with the uke, I'd like to get her a string upgrade. So, we're not tied to any particular brand for now.

Which flouros do you like on laminate ukuleles?

My personal favorite brand is Southcoast but they are special order and a little more expensive than, say, Martin M600s which are more readily available, cheaper, and not bad at all either.

I have a set of Martin strings that might work out well for her. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom