THE CHRISTMAS SONG - chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Merry Christmas Brenda, a truly wonderful song choice & great playing my friend ;) I couldn't think of a nicer way to remember my 7000th post! :cheers:

Glad this post happened to hit your milestone moment. ;)
I need 6,000 more posts to catch up to you and another life time to climb up to your level!! I am exhausted just thinking about it!

Beautiful Brenda. Your movie making skills are starting to equal your ukulele playing. That was really enjoyable.

Very cool Brenda. Lovely arrangement and very well played. Your Ukes have a lovely clean punchy tone.....a lot off which is how you are playing them. keep up the great work! You mentioned Jeff healey on my YouTube page...... I was in Toronto about 20 years ago playing in a band at a place called the Rivoli?? Jeff Healey was there with his manager and they were both very gracious. They invited me to their club and I had a great time with them. It was very sad when I heard of his passing away years later. He was a stellar musician and person. Mike

Last edited:
Thank you downupDave. I had a lot of fun making the movie as much as playing the uke. I used Ko'olau . No AMP.

Thank you Luke for allowing me to give you a grand tour.

Mike, WOW that's very impressive that you played in Toronto and hung out with the Great Jeff Healey. It blew me away when I saw you played the lap guitar. Thank you for watching my video and the kind compliment. I used thumb pick, it made the notes come out cleaner.

Wonderful playing, and thanks for sharing those great photos! Merry Christmas, Brenda!

Thank you John. Have fun in Austria! I look forward to watching your video using your trip photo. Perhaps a song from Sound of Music is in the planning ?

Thank you downupDave. I had a lot of fun making the movie as much as playing the uke. I used Ko'olau . No AMP.

Thank you Luke for allowing me to give you a grand tour.

Mike, WOW that's very impressive that you played in Toronto and hung out with the Great Jeff Healey. It blew me away when I saw you played the lap guitar. Thank you for watching my video and the kind compliment. I used thumb pick, it made the notes come out cleaner.

Brenda, isn't it amazing how restringing your Ko'olau from high G to low G has transformed this instrument. I remember you wanting to sell it and telling anybody that would listen that you don't like the sound of koa!!! Played with the thumb pick it almost sounded amplified, it was that full and resonant. I'll give you $200.00 for it right now:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Last edited:
Lovely! Beautiful tone, great pictures, so festive! I’m feeling the spirit now, for sure.

39204470041_91f725d97e_c.jpg
[/url]thankyou by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Top Bottom