IMAGE_809.jpg

So I bust that sucker up and get this:
IMAGE_810.jpg

...i'm such a tease!

So, removing the shipping condom I have this:
IMAGE_811.jpg

I can't wait to go home and play this:
IMAGE_814.jpg

Time to pick up a cheap amp to annoy my gf and dogs.

I got it from musicguymic for $209 shipped. I paid for it Thursday night, and I received it today! That's superfast! I guess the time difference between Texas and Hawaii worked in my favor!

woot! woot!

i need to get off of work like now! but I have like 5 more hours here!

if you just got back from your lunch break, then you still have a 15 minute break sometime right? plug that sucka into your computer speakers! hahaha

oh wait, youll need a 1/4" phone plug adapter. sorry.

side not: did anyone notice that MGM doesnt have any bugsgear ukes up on his store anymore? does this mean im SOL? was i too late? schnap!!! arrrrggghhhh!!! someone please tell me there will be more!

oh, man I almost left to goto radio shack to do it...so can I plug directly into a computer, or a stereo receiver and not use an amp?

i was planning on going to GC to buy this amp tonight after work: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Frontman-10G-10W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481602-i1370098.gc

if you have powered computer speakers, all you would need is a 3/8" to 1/4" female to male plug converter. pull the plug from the back of your computer, stick the adapter on the end of the cord, and stick that into your uke. and play away. hahaha. it will sound like crap, but it will still play.

man, you dont want that fender amp. you want a peavey blazer 158 15w amp that just so happens to be for sale in our marketplace hahaha. nah, i cant do that. it wouldnt be cost effective to try to ship it to you (weight). but seriously, take a look at the line6 amps. the 15w one is only $100, but you get so much more than from that fender.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944831-i1168996.gc
you dont wanna go too cheap on that uke, man.

if you have powered computer speakers, all you would need is a 3/8" to 1/4" female to male plug converter. pull the plug from the back of your computer, stick the adapter on the end of the cord, and stick that into your uke. and play away. hahaha. it will sound like crap, but it will still play.

man, you dont want that fender amp. you want a peavey blazer 158 15w amp that just so happens to be for sale in our marketplace hahaha. nah, i cant do that. it wouldnt be cost effective to try to ship it to you (weight). but seriously, take a look at the line6 amps. the 15w one is only $100, but you get so much more than from that fender.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944831-i1168996.gc
you dont wanna go too cheap on that uke, man.

ok, then I'll get that one on your recommendation...I don't know anything about amps...

ok, then I'll get that one on your recommendation...I don't know anything about amps...

before you jump on that reggae train (ok yeah that was bad)... shop around for other amps in that same price range. ive heard a lot of good things about the VOX amps too. and if you can afford it, you gotta take a look at the fishman amps.

the way i see it... if youve got:
low cholesterol = the instrument
normal blood pressure = the money
not overweight = the okay from the powers that be (ie gf/wife/etc)

why settle for spray-on PAM when you can have BUTTERRRRRRRRR. haha

shop around and see whats out there if you can find a local shop, try out what they have for sale. then compare the prices to what you can get online. i know you wanna play NOW. but you'll thank yourself later if you wait for the right gear.

ok, i put the bong down for a bit.

i want to buy an amp on my way home from work. What are some key features to look for? I don't mind spending up to $100...but I'd rather dip into the $50-$75 range...since I won't ever be jamming out for crowds with this sucker.

To tell you the truth, i don't even know what these two knobs on the uke are for! But I love butter! You should see all my crap...I need to make sure I don't find any new hobbies!

i want to buy an amp on my way home from work. What are some key features to look for? I don't mind spending up to $100...but I'd rather dip into the $50-$75 range...since I won't ever be jamming out for crowds with this sucker.

Bring the uke into the store with you, borrow an instrument cable, and plug into as many amps as you can that are in your price range. Buy the one that sounds best to you.

Bring the uke into the store with you, borrow an instrument cable, and plug into as many amps as you can that are in your price range. Buy the one that sounds best to you.

yessir thats what i would do. but one more thing. you say youre willing to spend up to $100 but rather be in the $50-75 range.

start with the $75 and below amps first. find the best one that YOU like. bring your uke in with you. usually people are cool about that, because the want you to be satisfied with what youre going to be using it for. once you found the one that you like the most, check out the ones in the $75-100. but make sure you dont do this until you think youve found the one you like in the lower price bracket. if you dont notice any more improvement in some of the sounds of the more expensive amps, then youre in a good place. because youre spending less for what you really want. but if you find something better in that price range, then at least you were prepared ahead of time to spend that much in the first place. dig?

decision making with minimal regret.

just like when you go to local shop to buy a new instrument. if you already have an amp at home, make sure you test it out FIRST on an amp that is the same or comparable to yours. because otherwise, theyre going to set you up on a $500 fishman and blow your auditory senses away with sound quality and youre going to want to get that amp next. its all part of their secret plan to make you buy more stuff and regret spending all that money that you already have, on the gear that you already own.

why do you think im selling two guitars and an amp so soon after i bought them? damn guitar center salesmen. haha

thanks guys!

i picked up the line 6 amp today too...this thing is fun! i've been playing it nonstop for 2.5 hours....

Top Bottom