2002 all Koa KoAloha KCM-00 Concert Ukulele, One piece KOA Front and Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
Here is my 2002 all Koa KoAloha KCM-00 Concert. All Koa wood front, back, sides, fretboard and bridge. The Musubi soundhole contributes to the wonderful, full sound with excellent projection and sustain. It is currently strung with Fremont black nylon strings which I prefer on this one. Tuners work easily and hold very well.

It is very easy player, and a gorgeous ukulele that will be very hard to let go.

These early KoAloha One Piece Koa Front and Back ukuleles are rare. Due to the lack of larger old growth trees, KoAloha was forced to go with the book-matched front and backs several years ago. The neck-block shows the build date as April, 2002.

Here are the specs:

ALL koa neck, fret-board, bridge, top, back and sides
7th fret side marker
Fret-board markers at 5, 7, 10 & 12
I believe it has an ebony nut and saddle
KoAloha's old school adjustable friction tuners
Musubi soundhole
KoAloha's unique orange peel gloss finish

There are no dings or scratches, and very minimal play wear. It's as though this one was in a time capsule it's whole life.

I am not set up to provide sound clips at this time, however being a KoAloha, I am sure that you have read the reviews about these sweet sounding, well crafted instruments.

*Comes with a nice, well fitting STAGG hard-shell case.*

Only selling due to my decision to move into a much smaller house.

SOLD!!! Thanks UU !!

Attachments

• KoAloha1.jpg
    KoAloha1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 304
  • KoAloha5.jpg
    KoAloha5.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 207
  • KoAloha3.jpg
    KoAloha3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 193
  • KoAloha6.jpg
    KoAloha6.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 222
  • KoAloha8.jpg
    KoAloha8.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
A few more pictures:

Attachments

• KoAloha9.jpg
    KoAloha9.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 104
  • KoAloha10.jpg
    KoAloha10.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 80
  • KoAloha11.jpg
    KoAloha11.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 65
That's a nice Uke, you should keep it! :)

Hmm 'Only selling due to my decision to move into a much smaller house'. What you can only fit a Soprano in that house? LOL :shaka:

Price includes nice hard-shell case, humidifier, felt pick, extra package of fluorocarbon strings and a polishing cloth.

Last edited:
Love it. Too bad nobody builds ukes like this anymore.

I have been trying to figure out what this means. This would have been five or six years into KoAloha’s building of ukuleles—but don’t they still build them generally the same way? There are some minor cosmetic differences between this 2002 model and a 2017 model, but all of the other K Brands still make them as they have for years, only using newer manufacturing techniques where it makes sense to do so.

I have been trying to figure out what this means. This would have been five or six years into KoAloha’s building of ukuleles—but don’t they still build them generally the same way? There are some minor cosmetic differences between this 2002 model and a 2017 model, but all of the other K Brands still make them as they have for years, only using newer manufacturing techniques where it makes sense to do so.
Unfortunately Koaloha as well as Kamaka switched from all Koa to including rosewood and other materials which now makes transport across borders difficult. Also I prefer the carvings on older koalohas but dislike the feel of rosewood fretboard. And the single piece top and bottom are a huge bonus too. Lots of cutting corners with more recent models.

Ah, if only I didn't have so many ukes...:uhoh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom