The Ukulele Kids Club needs you.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Over a year ago The CC Strummers made a $200 donation to The Ukulele Kids club. Corey Bergman, the founder of the organization, replied that we could choose a hospital where the 5 ukes will go. We chose UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital where we connected with the resident music therapist and arranged that 6 of us (we're 60 strong) come there and play for the kids and also present the ukes.

It was such a gratifying experience that we've been doing it every few weeks, having provided over 40 ukes so far.

Just recently Corey and Dan Mathis, co-founder, emailed us to help promote that idea to other ukulele groups, to make contact with a local hospital music therapy program, send donations to The UKC and present the ukes to the kids, maybe performing as well.

This is my effort to fulfill their request. You don't even have to be a group, you could do it individually if you have the desire. Again I will say it's a very gratifying feeling to see how our playing and singing lifts the spirits of not only the kids, but also family members visiting.

Last edited:
Corey is visiting the TBUS Directors meeting next month to give a presentation. We are participating in a pilot program. I'll tell more, when I know more.
So far, the MT at our local Children's hospital has been sort of non-responsive to me. That may change, soon.

Top Bottom