Side bender help 110v or 220v

tangimango

Reaction score
Aloha gang, want to purchase a iron side bender. Seems there are two options and not sure what the difference in 110v and 220v are. Is it the type of plug used for my outlet? 110v being a usa plug outlet and 220 being a euro plug outlet?

Thanks in advance.

Your wall regular wall outlets are 110V. You may have 220V outlets for a dryer or kitchen range but they have different prong patterns. It's the 110V outlets that you want to use for your bending iron in the US. The reason that there is a 220V option is that 220V is used in some other countries where we use 110V.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Pretty much the rest of the world uses 220 for their mains. Plugs are different all around the world though, so we have to swap them out to fit the local configuration. You will want the 110V version being in Hawaii.

Yes, 110 is what you want in Hawaii. Plenty enough juice for your needs... Speaking of 220 volts, I was once working on a faulty clothes drying in my house replacing a temperature sensing unit. It didn't seem to be working and I had to take out and rewire it multiple times. Well one time I forgot to unplug the dryer (doh!) and grabbed the hot leads to the unit. Didn't kill me but hurt like hell. 220 packs a hellava wallop let me tell you. Take home lesson: Let the appliance repair guys fix your dryer.

As long as there is a variable heat control, I'd be inclined to get the higher wattage. It's a fair guess that both get hot enough to do the job but the higher wattage model probably gets up to temperature faster.

Thanks, 110v it is. Any difference in a 100 watt model vs 60 watt for bending ukulele sides

I don't bend with this method, but I've read that it is a good idea to put the thing on a timer because after bending you tend to walk away sometimes and leave the unit on resulting in an unfortunate fire and subsequent total bummer TFD. Sounds like wise words to me.

Top Bottom