Am Weihnachtsbaum die Lichter brennen

wwelti

Reaction score
… and it looks like I have a weakness for playing veeeery simple piecelets with the uke.

I just recognized that I already have a whole lot of Christmas Carols (German and English) on Youtube. So I made a little playlist, just in case you need some ukulele Christmas Carol overdose… ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4MnwRVSfko51dPyxcHxyacShPGEopuD_

If you also want to play: Here’s my free E-Book with 20 (German) Christmas Carol solo arrangements: (it's not a new e-book, some of you probably know it already.)

http://ukulelehunt.com/2008/12/10/christmas-ukulele-german-carol-tabs/

All the best and Merry Christmas!
Wilfried

I LOVE this but I can't find which book it is in. Of the Father's Love Begotten is in the Christmas book, but I can't find this one. Help!

Hi Jan,

Thanks, the piece you are looking for is the very last arrangement in the free German Christmas book (follow the link from the first post in this thread!). It's not the same as the English Christmas book -- these two are very different!

Best Regards
Wilfried

That was the problem! I was looking in the English version!

I just love your ebooks. I was working on Silent Night and it is very nice arrangement that is beautiful and not too difficult. I need to start working methodically through the free ones and then purchase the others.

Thanks so much!

Thanks a lot. I REALLY need to finish translating my online crash course. It is available in German already since quite a while. It is like a method of ukulele playing that explains my style of playing, and it's based on my latest free e-book. You might try to use it with the automatic google web translator, but the translation is a bit awkward. At least it doesn't cost anything. :)

Here is a web link that leads to the automatic google translation of my course:
https://translate.google.com/transl...com/lernen/solo-crashkurs/&edit-text=&act=url

Best,
Wilfried

Oh my! Thank you!!

I have not really applied myself to the ukulele (pretty busy teaching school and pastoral duties), but I had decided I was going to start while off for break and get in the habit. I have downloaded SO much stuff that it is overwhelming as to where to start.

Since I love your arrangements and playing, I am going to put all other stuff aside for now and just use your crash course to start. I have cut and pasted it all into a Word document so I can print it off to work from. I have downloaded all of the free ebooks (I think I already had them all - but just in case . . .). I hope to progress to the point that I can purchase the more advanced ebooks, too!

Thank you so much for your generosity and effort in putting all of this information out there for use!

Thanks for your kind reply, and good luck with this undertaking! The automatic translations are a bit weird at places, so if something seems odd to you, please feel free to ask. I really have to get on with the translations. It's a good idea to start with the free e-books, they are indeed easier and better suited at the beginning. I am contemplating about making a physical book that is kind of an ukulele method. Quite an undertaking. But I could use many pieces from my free e-books and a lot of the material from my web site. My plan is to try some real teaching with some students so I get a better idea of what works and what not. This should help me to get the material for the method straight.

Best Regards
Wilfried

Sounds like a great idea!

I'll yell if something doesn't make sense!

Top Bottom