'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

SoloRule

Reaction score
Co-Hosted by Brenda ( SoloRule) and Campbell (Camsuke)

Most of us watched ukulele Mike's many tutorials on YouTube and purchased his books. I wish I have signed up for his ukulele cruise a couple years ago. This is truly a great loss to the ukulele community.

Campbell and I decided to start a Mike Lynch Tribute. We hope that you will join us with your story , audio or video playing one of Mike's arrangements in his honour.

Ukulele world is not the same without Ukulele Mike. Let's hope this thread can continue his legacy with more people sharing what you learned from his arrangements .

Last edited:
Thank you for organizing this Tribute Brenda. RIP "Ukulele Mike" Lynch, well played old mate. :cheers:

[MOD EDIT: I've moved your video into Brenda's original post, Campbell, as you are co-hosts. Sorry it took a while - we had to tweak a setting to allow more than one video in a post. ~ buddhuu]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for starting this thread Brenda and Campbell, what a lovely and thoughtful thing to do. We sometimes forget or take for granted the time and effort people like Uncle Mike Lynch give to helping us ukulele players learn and improve.

Nice playing Brenda and Campbell, great way to kick this off.

Michael Lynch was a lovely man, great musician and his passion for teaching Ukulele left the world a brighter place.

Thanks Brenda for starting this thread and playing such a lovely tribute.

Lovely! Looking forward to hearing others' contributions.

Thanks so much for starting this thread Brenda and Campbell, what a lovely and thoughtful thing to do. We sometimes forget or take for granted the time and effort people like Uncle Mike Lynch give to helping us ukulele players learn and improve.

Nice playing Brenda and Campbell, great way to kick this off.

Michael Lynch was a lovely man, great musician and his passion for teaching Ukulele left the world a brighter place.

Thanks Brenda for starting this thread and playing such a lovely tribute.

Thanks for dropping by to pay your respects guys :D

Awesome work Brian, thank you for posting mate, it's a real treat to see the world famous "Little White Uke" in action again. :D

Campbell
Please share the story of the 'Little White Uke' with us here.

Thank you Brian for the video. That was one of my favourite Mike Lynch's arrangements .

This is actually a tribute video to John Lennon, but Mike Lynch appears at the end (around the 8:10 mark) singing, "Imagine."

Mike and I both had YouTube channels suspended several years ago when YouTube was undergoing that copyright problem with Warner Music Group (and other copyright holders), and I recall exchanging email with him about the problem. I'm glad he didn't get discouraged and decided to set up new YouTube channels.

John, thank for sharing this clip. I did not know you and Mike have collaborated this video years ago.

Last edited:
Ukulele Mike’s videos were an incredible and incredibly accessible resource for me when I was starting to play a couple of years ago. I posted this earlier in the week for Season of the Ukulele #307. It’s Mike’s arrangement. Thanks Brian for directing me here, and Brenda for starting the thread.

Last edited:
Mike Lynch was a larger than life character with a love of the Ukulele and a hell of a YouTube channel. Here is my video tribute: Mike's arrangement of "It's Only A Paper Moon."

Thanks to Brenda and Camsuke for the inspiration.
RIP Mike"Ukulele"Lynch!

Last edited:
Top Bottom