Come Close my Friends. A new Original song.

anthonyg

Reaction score
Come Close my Friends on a Scott Wise Solo Tenor tuned D#,G#,C,F fitted with Aquila Nylgut Baritone strings.

One microphone recording. A Line Audio CM3 Wide Cardioid Condenser microphone. Its a VERY flat, very true microphone and I like it. I'll fiddle with the mic placement next time to bring the ukulele forwards a little and my voice back a fraction but I do like it. The microphone is running through a Behringer x-18 mixer as the interface and then into Photo Booth on my Powerbook Retina. I fiddled around with the sound a little in GarageBand but not too much. I'm tapping my heel on a Beat Root stomp box that isn't pugged in.

Good song and very nice recording.Parts of it reminded me of a Nick Drake song.Can't remember which song but where the the lyrics change to "now is the springtime etc'' that chord progression sounds Nick Drake like....in a good way!

Thank you. I'm not actually playing chords. I'm playing a simple major scale over droning bass notes. Someone better at music theory than I may have a name for that.

Top Bottom