View Full Version : Nasty bug!

01-09-2018, 12:05 AM
I've gotten laryngitis, and we have a gig Saturday evening. I'm one of three singers. Right now I sound like a bull alligator.
And we have a meeting tomorrow with Corey Bergman, so I can't exactly keep my mouth shut.
Any hints? I'm trying to be quiet, drink lots of throat coat tea. Cough drops have become my candy. The post nasal drainage is copious, but intermittent. It causes a lot of sneezing and coughing.

01-09-2018, 03:27 AM
That' s a tough situation, once a cold has settled in. Whenever I get the first signs of a cold (in my case, sudden onset of uncontrollable sneezing and runny nose) I immediately take 1000mg of vitamin C, and start sucking on some of those Coldeeze zinc tablets, repeating a few more times throughout the day. It seems that about 90% of the time, I beat the cold, and am fine the next day. The other 10% of the time, the cold settles in, dives to my chest, and I'm a miserable coughing mess for 2 weeks. One thing I've noticed,when chest cold does settle in, I can do an amazing falsetto! Good luck with your gig, hope you feel better.

01-09-2018, 04:23 AM
Thank you Ukecaster!