Song with new Kala tenor comfort edge tenor

Flatbaroque

Reaction score
Hi folks.Just got a new uke.Quite pleased with it so far.Here's a Randy Newman song.

That was excellent. Congraulations on your new uke it looks and sounds wonderful. I really enjoyed your arrangement and playing as well.

Thanks folks for the kind comments.I've been playing uke for about 3 years from a guitar background.First uke was Kamoa Tenor.All solid spruce over maple.I think I lucked out as I didn't know much when I bought it.It's a good sounding well made instrument.
Since I've been playing uke a lot more lately I decided to shout myself an upgrade - with a pickup too maybe (been working through Glen Rose jazz uke stuff).Found this Kala at a Sydney Music shop.It was a good price so I bought online.Picked up from the post office on Saturday.Lovely quality uke.I was surprised it was brighter and snappier than the Kamoa.I thought Spruce / Maple of the Kamoa would be brighter than cedar / rosewood of the Kala.But I guess woods are only part of the equation.
Anyway thanks again and I will try to comment on some of the great videos here - cause that's what keeps a forum buzzing.

Very nicely done! Two of my friends have the same uke, and they sound great.

Nicely played. I started off with just one Kala and then another but the UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome) bit me hard. I stopped counting at 16 ukuleles as it seemed pointless to know after that.

Top Bottom