Why Sam Muir Plays the Uke

OhioBelle

Reaction score
She's also my ukulele hero!
I've purchased a few of her books and am really happy with them. On my 'To Do' list for today is to buy her Sea Shanties book and another classical book.

Thank you so much for sharing this, I really enjoyed the read. I always really liked her but had no idea she was such an accomplished classical guitarist. Gives that much more credibility to the ukulele.

Thank you so much for sharing this, I really enjoyed the read. I always really liked her but had no idea she was such an accomplished classical guitarist. Gives that much more credibility to the ukulele.

Yes! I never knew the uke was capable of such lovely classical sounds until stumbling across Sam Muir. Sure, I knew it was an amazing instrument in the right hands (Jake, James Hill), and I love the fact that Sam gives them both a shout out in her blog.

Not playing her uke here, but Recuerdos de la Alhambra actually played AT the Alhambra gives me chills:

With the birdsong and the silvery tingle of the fountains... heaven!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t56RlBXJkWU

I want to play that on my uke!

Respect to Sam, and respect to the versatile ukulele!

She's also my ukulele hero!
I've purchased a few of her books and am really happy with them. On my 'To Do' list for today is to buy her Sea Shanties book and another classical book.

I want to buy Sea Shanties too! Those arrangements are so fun!

BTW, love your chihuahua avatar! Did you draw it?

Great link. Thank you. Samantha is a real talent and a reminder there is so much to lear and so much ground to cover. She is an inspiration.

Thanks so much for posting this! Really enjoyed the article. It gave me a new appreciation for the humble uke and a sparked a real interest in learning more about arpegios and classical music on the uke. I will be checking out Sam for the rest of the day LOL.

I want to buy Sea Shanties too! Those arrangements are so fun!

BTW, love your chihuahua avatar! Did you draw it?

Thanks! No I didn't draw it, I cut and pasted with Photoshop from 2 different images. TobyDog was my Chihuahua for many years, lost him last year.

Another one of my ukulele heroes who started out with classical guitar is named, 'Del Rey'. She plays wild blues that sound really difficult.

Thanks! No I didn't draw it, I cut and pasted with Photoshop from 2 different images. TobyDog was my Chihuahua for many years, lost him last year.

Another one of my ukulele heroes who started out with classical guitar is named, 'Del Rey'. She plays wild blues that sound really difficult.

Awww, enjoy your frolicking by the Rainbow Bridge, little TobyDog. My mom has a little one called Huey. Chihuahas can be the sweetest, most loving little creatures.

And thanks for the mention of Del Rey. I shall look her up!

Thank you so much for sharing this. Sadly, I haven't heard of Samantha Muir until just now - which I greatly regret being a classical music lover. This is a great read, and I look forward to learning more of her!

Thanks for posting this. Her blog page is fabulous. She is definitely one of my heroes too. I need to get on the stick and order a book. Uke is still in the shop and I been sick. Doing better though, we played another ALF. My voice lasted a whole hour.
Of course, I wouldn't have to sing if I could play like Sam....

Top Bottom