Good deal?

jdmcnasty

Reaction score
I recently realized that my uke collection was lacking something: a concert uke. So I decided I had to buy one. I didn't want to spend much, i just wanted something to play around the fire. I found a good deal on a Lanikai LSM-C online so I went for it. I figured you can't go wrong with solid mahogany. So i get a call the next day saying the uke is on backorder and I'd have to wait a while. I asked if they had the tenor size in stock and he guy said yes, and better yet, he'd ship it out for the same price! So long story short I got a Lanikai LSM-T solid mahogany tenor ukulele for $180. I think this was a pretty good deal. What do you guys think? Anyone own one of these?
Thanks!

ummm...but you still don't have a concert? :confused: i think you are UAS rationalizing...

not that there's anything wrong with that!

ummm...but you still don't have a concert? :confused: i think you are UAS rationalizing...

not that there's anything wrong with that!

Haha don't worry, the concert will come soon. I mean, I bought a set of concert aquilas so i HAVE to get one now, right?

Great buy!
Not sure if they are solid though. Im pretty sure that they are laminate
Good stuff!!

The LSM models are part of Lanikai's "custom series" and every review I've read says that they are, in fact, made out of solid mahogany. From my experience, they're hard to find, and I just happend upon one :)
I also hear that the LSM's are made in the same factory as Ponos. can't confirm it, though.

The LSM models are part of Lanikai's "custom series" and every review I've read says that they are, in fact, made out of solid mahogany. From my experience, they're hard to find, and I just happend upon one :)
I also hear that the LSM's are made in the same factory as Ponos. can't confirm it, though.

According to their website, they are, in fact, solid wood.

http://www.lanikaiukes.com/ukuleles.html

Lanikais are good ukes, so they're always welcome in a collection. But that doesn't address your missing concert.

I assume you also have an eight string? and a six-string? No collection is complete without at least one of them.

sounding like a sweet deal to me! a concert is next on my wish list too!

I have an LSM-C and I have grown to love it. Yes, its solid mahogany, has a nice gloss coat, and the tuners and fretboard are superb. The sound on mine is the better than any other I own and I would say that the tenor would be just as good, if not better.

It just came in today....but they sent me a flame maple tenor. Now the question is, should i keep it or exchange it?

wow,
well sir, you then have a great deal.
i love sound of solids.

Bummer! Although the Flame-top is like $20 more expensive, its a laminate body and I understood you as wanting a SOLID uke. So if I were you I'd play the Hell out of the Flame-top for two days and then send an email demanding the exchange and make THEM pay for the return postage!

Top Bottom