Warm Strings

plunker

Reaction score
I have a mahogany Pono Tenor. I really like a warm sound. I just bought some D'addario EJ53T Pro Arte Rectified Strings. Does anyone have any experience with these. Guys like me must drive the purists nuts looking for a warm sound.

They're in the same area as the Aquila Nylgut, both are about just as warm as you can get in Uke strings...

They're a black nylon string, here's a screenshot shot of the new package they come in, if you haven't seen them before;

https://www.google.com/search?q=D'a...UICygC&biw=1280&bih=801#imgrc=v7hjra5U4WWSJM:

Here's D'addario's Uke strings, it has a chart that tells you the warmth, and they use to show the new packaging, now they've removed it for whatever reason;

http://www.daddario.com/DADProducts...3781&sid=eb2e6f1d-7e7d-4e9f-bdc0-2dea142b9c61

The EJ53T are the warmest strings they make...

Try them against the Aquila Nylgut to compare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Do you mix strings on your uke. I was looking for something to tone down the A string.

First try low g, it will warm up the ukulele. Next try some Worth Browns.

Last edited:
As SailingUke was saying, go with Low G...

For the A, look and thicker gauged sets, thinner will be brighter, but thicker is also higher tension too...

I say, get online and just start ordering packs and packs and packs.... LOL

Oh, but at least leave the new set on for 2-3 weeks, to settle in, don't replace them in just a few days or a week, they haven't had time to stretch and settle...

+1 for Living Water low g strings. I have them on my Pono tenor, very warm.

In my experience you can't beat Aquilas for the mellow tone. @Plunker how is the D'addario EJ53T set working out? How do they compare to Aquilla? I might have to pick up a set to try them out.

In my experience you can't beat Aquilas for the mellow tone. @Plunker how is the D'addario EJ53T set working out? How do they compare to Aquilla? I might have to pick up a set to try them out.

I bought them through the mail. In a somewhat rural area so mail takes an extra day, I'll let you know.

Top Bottom