You're gonna miss us when we are gone.

Sad news. I want small businesses to succeed. I would never consider buying a ukulele from Amazon but I confess I have purchased other items. They often deliver items smaller than what I anticipated and/or of lower quality. I try to abstain but sometimes Amazon seems like the only place to find that hard to find item.

Anyone notice that the article is dated 2014?

Is this about Amazon, or is it about FedEx? Also it is old news. I read an old editorial that was in a Denver newspaper from the 1870s predicting that Montgomery Wards mail order would be the end of main street America.

Anyway, I don't buy a lot of stuff on Amazon, but I would be a bit disingenuous if I bashed them too much, as they sell my books for me. The bottom line to me though is that there are just a lot of people selling a lot of stuff, and that is the real issue. I used to buy and sell old motorcycle parts on ebay, but it came to the point where there were so many people selling exactly the same old used motorcycle part that I was selling, that it would be a miracle if someone stumbled on my old used motorcycle part and actually bought it. It is that way with everything. Just for an example, go on line and look for any particular Ohana or Kala ukulele and see how many places are selling exactly the same Ohana or Kala ukulele for exactly the same price. No, don't go on line, because most of you have been there, done that. It is insane. Pages and pages of people selling the same thing. Where does a business person even start in order to break into that ocean of products for sale?

Last edited:
UPS has been using “dimensional weight” since the mid 90’s.

Scooter

This is just the Walmart story all over again, in different sheep's clothing.

Well as has been pointed out the article is three years old. Having said that, this is the reality of doing business in the global village we all live and work in. Retailers must change with the times, or cease to be unfortunately. Without online shopping I would never have made my first banjo uke.

Top Bottom