Kanilea story on cnbc

This couple has made millions selling homemade ukuleles and you can too!

LOL, Hmm this looks like some MLM ad... ;)

I didn’t watch the video (not yet) because it seems to be a re-using of the story from their Blue Collar Millionaire Show. I could be wrong...it could be all new.

I will say that I have heard a lot about Joe’s work to save Koa trees and natural forest environments in Hawaii. I think they plant at least one Koa tree (on their land) for every ukulele they sell, which is fantastic. You can also contibute to the cause...and this will allow the company to keep using Koa. As trees naturally die or fall, they can harvest the wood and then plant new trees in their place. It is sustainability that makes sense.

I also think they are celebrating 20 years this year with a special model.

Probably their cost per instrument...not street value.

Yes, this has to be it. They say $800 per Kanilea, and $50 per Islander - so that's probably their wholesale cost to the dealers.
Props to all small businesses making it these days - good for them!

On a related note, do we know how many ukuleles they can get out of a normal “harvestable” Koa tree? I know all the K brands have a stockpile of wood—necessary as the wood needs to dry/cure before it can be used.

Joe and Kristen Souza are a sweet couple and their sustainable koa forest is worth millions. If you watch the entire video, you will see how many 'ukulele they sell and it's staggering. Their lower cost quality ukulele has sold in the tens of thousands. Kanile'a is a premium 'ukulele. Ric

I had a Kanilea built in 2015. Joe,Kristin and the entire staff are wonderful people. True ambassadors of aloha! I usually spend 5-6 weeks a year on Oahu visiting my wife's family and always stop by. I've gone to their uke get togethers at the Windward Mall. Lina Girl led the last one I attended, a lot of fun.
I love to see nice things happen to good people. Congratulations on your success.

Top Bottom