Can't tune my A string

maxmax2

Reaction score
Hey!
Just got a brand new CNBLUE ukulele.
I managed to tune the first 3 strings, but the A string won't tune, not even close. My tuner won't recognize A until the string is completely loose and the sound is completely off. I tried with another tuner and it still showed me A when the string was too loose and it sounded nothing like it should.
Please help
Thanks !

Are you maybe “down” an entire octave? It should be tight like your G string. If you fret the G (assuming it’s a high G) you should get the A.

Yes, it sounds like you are an octave down, the A string is really quite taught when tuned correctly, to the point where you may think it is going to snap, seems to need a fair bit more than the high G string.

(Also, check that the tuner isn't too loose, if it doesn't hold - but it will need retuning quite often in the first week of playing.)

At first I suspected a low battery in your tuner, but then I read a different tuner was showing the same results. As mentioned, fret your high G string at the second fret, which will give you the correct A pitch for the A string. Tune the A string to the same pitch and then check your tuners again.

Top Bottom