Tune Up a Half Step.

thekidwho

Reaction score
So I wanna play this song, but it requires a capo, which i do not own. however the capo is only on the 1st fret, so you could tune up a half step instead. however, i was wondering if this was too dangerous and like the strings would pop or something.? thanks!

You can also just play it in standard tuning. The song will sound the same, just a half step lower.

Cheap Capo

Try cutting a wooden pencil to length and fit it with a rubber band. The cheapest capo ever and works a treat for me!

Andreas

Try cutting a wooden pencil to length and fit it with a rubber band. The cheapest capo ever and works a treat for me!

Andreas

Hey! Finally a use for golf pencils! :eek:

I use a cheap Dunlop elastic guitar capo, which works perfectly.
Only costs $5 or so from local music store.
images

Works on both guitars and ukes !

You can also just play it in standard tuning. The song will sound the same, just a half step lower.

I'm with cpatch. A half-step one way or the other won't make a ton of difference. Unless you plan on playing along with the record or something, I'd just play the thing as written before I'd run out and get a capo or tune high.

JJ

I'm with cpatch. A half-step one way or the other won't make a ton of difference. Unless you plan on playing along with the record or something, I'd just play the thing as written before I'd run out and get a capo or tune high.

JJ

+2 with Cpatch. Currently working on a song with progression B F# G#m E. I have no problems wih the chords but I'm also trying to sing along and its just too high for me.. stepping down one fret made it possible.. or atleast bareable to my families ears :shaka:

Top Bottom