here is the Guitalele/Guilele new set tuned high e (an octave higher than the guitar)

I have it on my kala koa guitele and Love it !!!,,,
tension of strings is so much better...no floppy rubber bands, no more confusing transposition of chords in a tuning...
and sounds great..was thinking of getting a ohana tiple 10 string.....or mando...but maybe
no longer need it. This is really COOL!!!!!

if you put a low e (1) string....the sound is haunting.....very interesting

of course Ukulelerick9255
I have already done before NAMM show, CA a good production of Soprano, Concert, Tenor 4th Sugar low G (a few thousands each, I mean). I have done samples for the NAMM show that I gived to some of our bigger US distributors such as Kala, Cordoba and Saga plus some hawaiian guys whose relationships is excellent (Kanilea, Kamaka etc). You see: the problem is the long time that take the distribution.
what a pity
Mimmo

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. That is really high considering the first 4 are an octave higher than baritone uke and on tenor scale. Just for reference, the highest Southcoast set XLL is only rated for F and it is high tension there. What are the materials? 5 and 6 wound?

Uketanzon- so you have E4 for the top string? Kinda cuatro style. That puts you in the same tonal range as linear D tuning with the highest B atring. I bet that does sound nice.

That’s great for the ukulele companies but that doesn’t help the general public that would like to buy the strings, maybe you should have kept some for your website or offered some to companies like Elderly so they wouldn’t always show up as out of stock and someone like me could actually buy them. I’ve never used Aquila strings and I was looking forward to trying these. Now I’ve completely lost interest in a product that I can’t get and can’t even count on replacing when necessary.

Unfortunately it is not possible to supply Elderly ddirectly. There are agrements etc etc; one must respect a signed contract with distributors. Elderly for example is under one of ours big distributors, same with Juststrings and others. So we cannot sell them directly. When one go in the market's jungla there are some limits, rules etc etc.
You are right to lost interest for the difficults to find strings but at the same time maybe you lost even an oportunity to be happier....you have the answer, man.
Ciao
Mimmo

Last edited:
Top Bottom