App for creating chord diagrams.

etudes

Reaction score
It would be handy to have an app to make note of my own chord diagrams. (always finding new chord shapes and new tunings).. Anyone?

I'm an iPhone user BTW

GuitarToolkit for the win! There might be an extra fee for chord sheet feature but it is worth it. You can create alternate tunings and chords in them for lots of instruments, not just guitar.

GuitarToolkit for the win! There might be an extra fee for chord sheet feature but it is worth it. You can create alternate tunings and chords in them for lots of instruments, not just guitar.

That's it!! Thanks Jim. There is a fee but it appears to be well worth! Cheers and I'll let you know how it goes.

I've had some time with the app and wow! It's get the job done and more. Cool how you create chord sheets and then clicking on the diagrams plays them strummed or arpeggiated. Also the way the app identifies chords in the alternate tunings is very handy. Thanks again for mentioning it!

Thanks again for mentioning it!
You're welcome. I use it all the time for composing, arranging, and "figuring out what it was I just found on the uke" :). The only thing I really wish it could do but doesn't is to convert an existing chord sheet into a sheet for a different instrument. For example, to switch between high g and low g - or GCEA and DGBE.

I need to figure out how to do this on that app. I was looking at it but couldn’t figure out how to make a blank sheet and how to add a ukulele as the instrument. I just need to find the user manual and search for some videos. I’ve just been too busy to bother with it.

You pick your instrument first and then create the new chord sheet. That's part of my complaint mentioned above - once you have an instrument assigned to a particular sheet, you can't switch later.

Top Bottom