Baritone electro acoustic or just acoustic

Darylmesa

Reaction score
Does a baritone uke need an amp for playing small venues? I know my concert and soprano do ( never tried a tenor).
Thanks
Daryl

If you have a perspective of playing live gigs, I think you'd be on the safer side with having the option to plug in.

Do you think the kala ka be entry level electro acoustic worth double the price of the caramel cb103 electro acoustic ?

I am definitely going for a kala, too many uncertainties with caramel electronics. Now I wonder if a tenor with tenor-bari strings will sound the same as a baritone, since the tenor will be amplified when more sound is needed. Plus I have more options with a tenor pricewise

Doesn't have the same depth of sound as a bari, but fairly close sound wise, (I have a KA-T set up with DGBE).

Also, there are a few others on here that have a tenor tuned linear DGBE, & some even have it re entrant dGBE.

Personally, I'd get an acoustic, and have a pickup added (endpin-jack type) if I deemed it necessary. Purely for aesthetic reasons, as I think "electro-acoustic" instruments look mutilated and horrible with electronics planted in the side.

bratsche

Thank you to everyone. I went for a kala tenor and will be fitting them with living waters custom dGBE ba i tenor strings

Top Bottom