Caramel cb103 or kala ka be

Darylmesa

Reaction score
Do you think the kala ka be entry level electro acoustic worth double the price of the caramel cb103 electro acoustic ?

In one word, Yes. Better construction, better electronics. But, if you are only getting the electronics for the built-in tuner you would be better off with an acoustic only uke. You can get a Kala baritone with a solid spruce top for US $15 more than the KA-BE https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/size/baritone/kala-solid-spruce-top-baritone-gloss-finish.html. They also carry the KA-BE if that is the best fit for you. It will be set up properly if you buy from them, or Mim or Elderly. Good luck with your choice!

Thanks but I am looking into an electric version for playing in front of say 200 people (school venues with my students singing) so I need the volume. I also live in France so shipping from the US might be too dear

Hi Daryl,

I am happy to ship to France as I am in the UK. I have already sold one of my ukes to Italy.

For the same price as a KA BE you could buy a top quality pickup and have it professionally installed into my uke. It is a bargain for anyone wanting a cheap baritone as it is essentially brand new.

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide.

Ernie

Ahhhh....so tempting...just don’t really know how to go about installing a pick up

Thank you to everyone. I went for a kala tenor and will be fitting them with living waters custom dGBE ba i tenor strings

Top Bottom