new Guitele Sound!!!! High e .....Transformed the guitelele

uketanzon

Reaction score
Listen! new Guitele Sound!!!! High e .....Transformed the guitelele

I just love what the new Aquila High E strings have done and how they have made the usage of the 17 inch scale Guitele an easier and better instrument. Now you use regular e guitar chording no transposing. My uke group loves the addition of this mando like sound. Sounds great strummed or finger picking.

here is a sound clip I recorded with them....( however I did switch the 1 string an octive lower, sort of a reverse reentrant) , instrument is Kala koa spruce top Guitelele.

song is " Seminole Wind " see youtube and important song for Floridians
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJcNFIczroU

( I usually play 8 bar solo on this now......then the banjo uke comes in for 8 bar solo and then the group all plays.when we perform. ..its amazing

here is me with the high e at ( there is some other station music that folows. it is not me singing or playing!!,)

https://soundcloud.com/user-670358043/february-15-2018-8-15-38-am

Last edited:
The old link was asking for a login to Gmail.

The new Soundcloud link works. Thanks for fixing.

Last edited:

Yes, that link works fine.

Thanks for updating it.

I know you said this was another song, but due to the chord progression of minor chords, this one also reminds me of 'Mad World' especially the part when you start strumming. Maybe some Am and Em in there? or Dm and Gm?

Anyway, I really love this sound you have here in the demo.

I might be receiving a Yamaha GL-1 for free from someone who is not using it any more, and maybe these strings would sound nice on there.

Thanks for sharing this one! Sounds great to me.

Yes, that link works fine.

Thanks for updating it.

I know you said this was another song, but due to the chord progression of minor chords, this one also reminds me of 'Mad World' especially the part when you start strumming. Maybe some Am and Em in there? or Dm and Gm?

Anyway, I really love this sound you have here in the demo.

I might be receiving a Yamaha GL-1 for free from someone who is not using it any more, and maybe these strings would sound nice on there.

Thanks for sharing this one! Sounds great to me.

see
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJcNFIczroU

yes there is am and em ......I have tried a lot of utars or guitelele .....different brands....not a big fan of Kala in general
but the Kala Koa Sprucetop Guitelele is done well and sounds great with these strings.

Last edited:
Ciao Uketanzon,
the replaces for the 1st e string were sent you two days ago. so you can tune it all high e
Mimmo

Mimmo you hit a HOME RUN with these high e strings. It transformed the Guitele from a novelity instrument,
with limited application and marginal sound to a LEGITIMATE instrument! THIS HIGH E....should be the Standard Tuning on all Guitelele. String tension is wonderfull not floppy.... string width is normal not fat...No transposing chords needed and sound is great! Wow.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Leaving this here so I can find it again this evening...

Top Bottom