Famous FS-0 soprano (by Kiwaya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Cool thinline uke, with a big sound. Famous FS-0, identical to the Kiwaya KS-0, but branded as Famous for domestic sales in Japan. The usual great Kiwaya construction and action, compensated bridge, HPL mahogany looking body, fretboard is walnut, I believe. For their size (about 2/3 as thick as a standard soprano), these put out surprising volume, and excellent tone, especially for fingerstyle, as other UU'ers have shown in their fantastic videos. Small size makes these the ultimate quality, non-plastic travel uke, and friends have been amazed at the big sound that comes out of this little uke. No dings, exc shape, except for some honest strum wear beside the fingerboard extension, which could probably be buffed out...or just add more! Comes in original gig bag, zipper tab broke off, a paper clip is in there now for the zipper handle. $165.00 shipped in CONUS only.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
FS-0c.JPG
FS-0d.JPG

Last edited:
Another pic, showing the FS-0 next to a full size Famous FS-5 soprano, with its Kaces gig bag. So portable, uke in gigbag fits easily in a backpack, with loads of room for more stuff. Or, just pop it into your suitcase, under your clothes, for those trips to exotic destinations, or just a boring business trip! I found it much louder than the Outdoor sop I had. Even kept up fine at uke jams, where many were surprised at the volume, and wanted to try it. Geez, I'm talking myself into keeping this one!

20171016_102646.jpg

20171016_102423.jpg

Last edited:
Dang. I was in the market for one of these a month ago and bought something else. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Should have posted a bleg.

I've had one of these. Great value here

Looks like time for a bump . Kiwaya makes great ukuleles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom