NUD Kamaka soprano

cogfasser

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a few pictures of the Kamaka HF-1 that I received last week. I've been searching for a koa soprano for some time and this certainly exceeded my expectations. Special thanks to niwenomian for selling me his gem. He was wonderful to deal with here on the UU community. This HF-1 was built in 2007 and is in as-new condition. The koa on it is sublime--warm coloured and seems to radiate differently in all kinds of light. And the sound and playability?... I would have to agree in all aspects with Bazmaz's "Got a Ukulele" recent review on his HF-1. The Kamaka came with Schaller friction tuners which I changed out with a set of Gotoh UPTs and strung it with Worth Clear Mediums. It sings delightfully. Someday, I'll have to record sound samples. Thanks UU!

IMG_0385.jpgIMG_0358.jpgIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0364.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ukecaster. Yes, I installed them myself with reference to some previous posts threads here on the UU. I also watched the HMS instructional video on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/123455918). I've posted some pictures on this post thread: forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?83195-Gotoh-Planetary-Tuner-Installation-%96-Kamaka-Tenor/page2
The install went smoothly and the only thing that I recommend is to use high quality tools for the job. I posed the question on the Luthier's Lounge and they were very helpful.

That certainly is a beauty. Thank you for sharing the tutorial link.
joe

That is gorgeous, cogfasser. Enjoy your new beauty!

Congrats! Very nice uke. I think Kamaka sets the bar pretty high.

Top Bottom